Tuesday, February 15, 2011

India More Than Just a Country !

A first attempt at a poem by my brother.

from Kashmir to Kanyakumari
from the bungalows of Juhu to the slums in Dharavi
from BMW to a cycle rickshaw
from a billionaire to a commoner
the place for everyone,
India,more than just a country!

from Gandhi to Lalu Prasad
from Jinnah to Nehru
from Tendulkar to Amitabh
we've had them all,
India,more than just a country!

from Tirupathi to Jama Masjid
from Ganges to Godavari
from floods to drought
from the snowy himalayas to the dry Thar Desert
My country has it all,
India,more than just a country!

from partition to kargil
from Kandahar to 26/11
from 2G to tehelka
from hawala to Underworld
The country has experienced and dealt with it all,
India,more than just a country.

Let me bask in her glory
let me experience life as it is nowhere
let me live the real life
God !,thank you for my Country,
India,more than just a country, A way of Life !

No comments:

Post a Comment