Monday, June 27, 2011

Renaissance

Sometimes in Life situations look promising but the end seems so unfortunate. I have always felt my life has somehow been based on this philosophy. “So Close yet so far”. Hopefully this phase of life augurs better results. I have always cherished these two quotes from "The Alchemist", these lines put life in perspective;

(1)“When a person really desires something, all the universe conspires to help that person to realize his dream.”

(2)"People are afraid to pursue their most important dreams, because they feel that they don't deserve them, or that they'll be unable to achieve them."

I have always dreamt big in my life but never worked that much. I have returned a cropper so many times for various reasons. I believe someday I will get what I deserve in this life or the next. The last few words have been borrowed from the inspirational lines said by Russell Crowe in Gladiator.

I am embarking on a new mission, something which I have always wanted to do. I am seeing signs everywhere that I should follow it passionately. Hopefully my meeting with my Uncle and one of my good friends bodes well for the future. The last thing I want is to fail in this. I need to forget what I was and look at what I can be. I have all the equipment I need for this journey. Sometimes I doubt my passion, it leaves me when I want it the most. I need to cling to it like a monkey clings to its mother. Hopefully my learning’s from my previous encounters have made be battle ready and I already feel like a warrior.

The last few months have shown me the importance of freedom, both financially and personally. My last experience taught me the importance of stopping things at the right moment. There was no future in that direction and as any good strategy student would tell you, no point in wasting resources. There is no better gift than the identification of a lost cause when you see one. If it was meant to be, it would come back to you wherever you might be.

Its time to open the gifts with which I have entered the mortal world else generations to come would criticize me for being a coward in the face of never ending opportunities. I will end this note with another one of my favorite quotes once again from the eternal book “The Alchemist,

“Everyone on earth has a treasure that awaits him.”

I think I am close to finding my treasure. Godspeed

No comments:

Post a Comment